Introducing a series of talks from our speakers at XICF, sharing their unique stories, passions and convictions as they walk alongside God through different stages of life.
We have many life stories to share. Hopefully something will be of interest to YOU!
Come and better equip yourself and be more in tune with God!
- WHEN – Selected Sundays, 12:20 – 13:45 (will be announced in advance).
- WHAT – Topic sessions will be communicated via announcements, wechat and email.
- WHO – Foreign passport holders or spouse married to one.
- WHERE – Gospel Church, Room 206.
- WHY – Because we CARE and want to SHARE and GROW together in God’s love within our Fellowship, in Xiamen and beyond!
- HOW – Sign up after announcement for the session you are interested in, and be there on the Sunday you sign up.
Trinity of Humanity & Authority in Prayer
Have you ever counted your answered prayers from God? Is there something like rightful or effective prayer? Will God really listen and answer when you cry out to him? Can we actually move the heart of God in prayer? How can a body worship God or receive from him?
Join Bro. Hermas Abudu, as he shares personal and biblical answers to these questions about prayer. Learn about the roles of the spirit, soul, and flesh and how this trinity of humanity impacts the believer’s authority in prayer.
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).
Hermas is a Ph.D. student of Xiamen university. He and Cynderialla have been married for two years, and have a baby girl and one adopted boy: Favour and Stephen. They all live in Ghana.
12:20-12:45 light lunch
12:45-1:45 STG Session
Open to male and female, age 16 and above*.
*Foreign passport holders only.
Interested? Sign up with ushers after service or contact Rachel.
Hospitality and Stories to Grow Coordinator – Steering Committee
Rachel has lived and worked as an English teacher in Xiamen for almost seven years and is currently studying her masters in counseling. She and her husband will welcome their first baby this summer and love the XICF community. She is eager to give back to the community however she can.
Email Rachel Wechat: rswag0812